Thursday, September 24, 2009

Button Headband

I love buttons! You can do so many things with them. The possibilities are endless! This headband took me about 10 minutes to make, and I think it is so cute! Make some for a little girl or yourself!


Here is what you need:

- 1 1/2 yards of stretch cord. This is the stretchy elastic cord that is used for some kinds of beading
- Buttons
- Clear fingernail polish

Start by measuring the head of whoever you're making the headband for, and add 2 inches. Cut 2 pieces of stretch cord. My daughter's head is 19", so I cut my cord 21". Measure 5" from the end of the cord, and tie a double square knot. Put some clear fingernail polish on the knot to hold it in place.

String your buttons on. If the buttons have 4 holes, string them diagonally. You want your buttons to overlap a little bit.


When you have about 5" of cord left, tie another double square knot, and put fingernail polish on it. Then, tie the ends together in a double square knot, put nail polish on the knot, and trim the edges.

This project inspired another button project that I'm so excited about! I'll post about it when I try it.

5 comments: