Monday, September 21, 2009

Art Board


My daughter loves art more than anything else. She's kind of like her mom. I was getting tired of having papers everywhere, and I wanted a way to display her special drawings. My husband actually came up with this idea. I was so proud! He is learning. I don't have step by step pictures of this one, but it is very simple, so I will just explain it.
You will need:
  • A 6'X4' piece of particle board.
  • Mod Podge
  • 24 pieces of 12"X12" scrapbooking paper.
  • Ribbbon
  • Hot glue gun

1. Apply Mod Podge to the corner of the particle board (12"X12"). The key to Mod Podge is applying it evenly. If you miss a spot, the paper will bubble up. Place a sheet of scrapbooking paper on the mod podge. Rub the paper with your hands, starting in the center to get air bubbles out, and then apply Mod Podge on top of the paper. Repeat for the rest of the papers until the board is covered.

2. Cut 5 six foot long ribbons, and 7 four foot long ribbons. Using the hot glue gun, glue ribbon to the edges of the board and spaces between the paper. This will cover up any gaps in the paper, and make the board look more finished. Put the ribbons on the inside of the board first, and then the outside ones so you can cover up the ends of the ribbons.

That's it! Now you can hang up art work! We use putty to hang up pictures so we don't have holes in the board.

1 comment:

  1. Great idea! My son is now in Kindergarten so I know he'll have lots to bring home! I will have to make one to display his work! Thanks for sharing!

    http://peebsandroo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete